Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's Hard To Wait

After work today the doctor's called for monthly rounds on Mark.  They reported that everything is good!  No med changes for the first time in months...finally.  His numbers are all good after treatment, that is a relief we can stay at 2.5 hours for now.  The only questions was if his dry weight is up...I think it is, he is eating out of control these days.  They will determine that over the next couple weeks.
Activation was only 2 days ago.  It has been 2 very long days.  God I hope this does not take months.  I can't sleep, my appetite is down(not a bad thing), and I can't stop thinking about what this is going to be like.  When it will happen, if it will happen with the first call, will it be day or night.  I find myself so distracted I can't get out of my own way.  I'm on edge and have no patients..so look out!  I haven't packed a bag, just mentally I think about what I will need.
 It's just a little harder then I thought it would be...Our gain will be a loss for another family.  I find myself wishing that the call will happen every hour that goes by.  Then I think about what that other family will be going through.  The donor has to be 35 or younger.  That is a short life.  I will be so grateful that family will be making the decision to save my son.  It makes me think a lot different about organ donation.  You don't need your organs in heaven...right? I hope that after all of this everyone I know will consider being a donor.   

No comments:

Post a Comment