Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Activation Day!!!

It's so exciting that Mark is officially on the list!  As of this afternoon he is activated..it almost feels like a holiday..or at least a huge milestone.  Now it's just the waiting game.  My stomach will do flips every time the phone rings.  We can be waiting anywhere 12 hours up to 100 days.  I just hope it happens sooner rather then later.  The sooner will give Mark the opportunity to actually attend school this coming year.  I guess this is when I ask everyone to do what works for them...say a little prayer, keep your fingers crossed..whatever let's just get this show on the road!!
I told Mark this morning that  it was activation day.  I said "That means at anytime day or night we can get a call for a new kidney."  He responded by saying "I'm so excited I will be able to stay on 10 South and play in the playroom when I get a new kidney."  He made no mention of less trips to Boston, being able to swim, bath, go to Disney.  It may seem sad to some, but he loves that hospital and all the people that have touched his life in many ways.  He gets treated like a king!  That is easy to do, he has a curiosity for life like no other!

No comments:

Post a Comment