Thursday, June 30, 2011

New York

A couple weeks ago Chris started asking me what I wanted for my Birthday.  Of course my mind started to race!  Birthday's seem to be the special day or should I say week (this is a tradition that stared with Chris' bday...his is in April and we use to always vacation on that week) in our house.  We are not big on other holidays..for the most part, besides Christmas for Mark has an incredible holiday spirit!
I think a week passed and he asked again...What do you want for your Birthday?  I usually try not to go to crazy, last year was a big birthday for me.  I got an amazing night out with my girlfriends and a big birthday bash!  So after thinking about it a little more, I told him what I wanted...A trip to Carlos Bakery (The Cake Boss, for those who don't know)  He said okay if that's what you want.  We waited it out last week before we booked anything.  I wanted to travel with Mark as well, so this meant it would have to be last minute for sure.  We wanted to be sure we could travel with his PTH level being so elevated.  Friday we got the okay, so at about 10pm Friday night we booked a room.  We left Saturday afternoon.  We spent the evening in Time Square, and headed to the Bakery first thing Sunday morning.  It was just what we needed...24 hours away from everything!  Mark and I loved every moment of it.  I'm pretty sure Chris enjoyed himself...but not a huge fan of the city.  He said it was too crowed and he most likely would never go back..haha.  We were in Time Square on a Saturday night!  Thanks to my two favorite guys, I had an amazing weekend!
Lots of pictures to share:















Mark's photography...not bad!

Dialysis clinic in Hoboken...same town as the bakery!

My Birthday Cake from The Cake Boss

And to think my birthday is not until Sunday...I still have a couple day's left in this week long celebration.  If you are wondering, Yes I have been eating one piece of cake every night since I cut it!  It is so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment