Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Restless Night

Last night I didn't sleep at all.  I had so much on my mind.  I tried to read all of the paper work in the packet they sent home with us.  I was hoping this would put me at ease with what we should do.  Not so much...I tossed and turned all night long.  I feel more stressed now then I did a couple days ago.  All morning I have been on the verge of tears and just feeling very anxiety ridden.  This is not surprising to me! 
 It was a long morning today.  Mark and I were both in slow motion.  I practically had to drag Mark out of this house today.  He feel asleep on the way into Boston.  He has been up a lot at night recently...I think he is feeling a little burnt out.  We arrived at CHB a few minutes late.  There was traffic near the hospital.  It took 30 minutes from Fenway to the hospital.   When we arrived we hurried in to get going for our treatment.  Mark was hooked up in no time.  He did become a bit nausea in the begining.  He actually got very sick.  Since that has passed he has been just laying in bed watching TV.  We have about an hour to go! 


Lots of reading material.

I think we both can't wait to get home tonight.  Mark keeps asking how much time is left on the dialysis timer.  We did get a visit from his neurologist today while we were here in clinic.  We have been having a lot of lab draws done over the last couple days to keep in eye on his medication level.  He has decided to raise his dose of the medication that is eventually going to be weined off.  He wants that level to stay up while we get him back on to his old medication.  This is the medication that he was taken off while he was in ICU.  The neurologist said it is going to take awhile to get that level up.  There is also the factor of the transplant in all of this.  The main focus is to keep his levels at a good place, and be able to clear him for transplant surgery.  There is a possiblity that all of his seizure medications and/or levels will need to be changed after the transplant.  This is all just a small piece of this crazy puzzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment