Friday, September 30, 2011

Celebrate 60?

I always wonder about others, Is your glass half full or half empty?  I hate to admit it but I'm for sure a half empty type of gal.  I was thinking about this after I had a conversation with a friend last night.  When I think back at what I said I realized how negative I sounded!  We were talking about Mark (of course) and his progress.  He was saying how great Mark looked, and how positive he seems.  Then we started to chat about the wait...and the phone call.  I said "Mark has been listed for 59 days, tomorrow will be 60."  Then I mentioned so crap under my breath, "Not that I'm counting!"  Who I'm I kidding...I am counting by the minute.  Then I started to complain about how long it's been and how this all needs to end...blah, blah, blah.  We had talked about when Mark was listed they said the wait could be up to 100 days.  I'm feeling at this point will surpass that milestone.  I thought we would only wait about a month or so!  While this conversation was going on He just looked at me and said "You guys are so close, only about a month left, it could happen anytime now."  He is right.  Yes Mister half full...you are right!  I thought about this last night...I am seriously such a Debbie Downer.  I think I have come to terms with being a half empty girl.  I remember as a child playing with friends and cousins, and asking that same question to each other.  I also remember my answer..it was always half empty.  This is something I need to change...NOW!  So thanks to my friend I have realized I need to try to be positive.  So today I will celebrate 60 days.  We have come so far and will not have to wait much longer!  With hopes that my glass will be half full one day!

On a side note while I was writing this I looked at Mark and said...."Is your glass half full or half empty?"  With a big grin on his face he looked at me and said...."Half full!"

No comments:

Post a Comment