Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Quick Update

This week...so far so good!  Mark's last culture came back negative....woohoo!  This means no catheter replacement!  Today we will be celebrating Mark's Birthday at dialysis.  Mark is so psyched about this.  Hopefully this will be the last day we have to stay late at dialysis as well.  These 1 hour post antibiotic treatments are getting old.
  For me I will be working hard to touch base with our transplant nurse.  I am currently on the hunt for some answers this afternoon...hopefully no later then Friday.  I'm looking to find out if our donor was cleared for the first half of appointments...if so appointments can be booked in Boston soon.  Mark will be cleared by next Tuesday evening I hope.  Next thing on the agenda is...here we go again...Will his native kidneys be removed??  I was told last week that if they do have to be removed, it has to happen 2 weeks prior to transplant.  I just want to scream!!  All I want is answer about all of this by the end of this week.  We are coming closer and closer to a June transplant!!
Can't wait to blog some answers to my questions soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment