Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'm Back!

Not sure if anyone noticed...but the afternoon of Mark's birthday my blog website crashed!!  It was bit frustrating...I could not access my account until yesterday.  I tried both home computers Mark's ipad and my cellphone...and there was nothing!
Yesterday was a busy day for us.  Mark had his dental surgery so he could be cleared for transplant.  His OR visit was not booked until 3:15pm.  When I called for the time they said NPO after midnight!  No food after midnight I thought to my self.  They never run on time...how is this poor child going to survive??  That is 8 to 9 waking hours with no food...Mark loves to eat!  After feeling irritated about that and not wanting to wake up the morning of the procedure  (because I knew it would be like hell) I talked to Diann.  She called back down to dental to talk to the nurse...of course when she got off the phone she said no food 8 hours prior.  The dental nurse told me no food period...just in case I was going to feed him a big meal.  She could have just said no eating eight hours prior...anything before that should be a lite diet.  Sometimes I feel like the hospital is just a big world of miscommunication!!!  It can be so frustrating!  So Mark had his toast bright and early...Then off to school he went for a bit!
His dental visit went well...He was in the OR for a little over an hour or so.  They did cleaning, fluoride treatment, xrays and extractions!  The dentist said it all look good...no cavities no infections.  The reason for the extractions were because his adult teeth are trying to come in and baby teeth are in the way.  The dentist also mentioned that his dental age is about 7 years old...even though chronological age is 12!  The good thing is all went well and he should be officially cleared for transplant.  We will make it official on Monday after his post operative appointment!!!
Mark was not a happy camper when he woke up from his procedure.  He wanted Bertucci's ...Yah not so much with the extractions.  We did even make it out of the parking garage with out throwing up!  All he obsessed about was wanting...bread or grill cheese...all sorts of non-soft foods!  That made for a long ride home.  Finally when we got home I talked him into a pudding...Let's just say that stayed down for about 10 seconds.  After that he gave up and went to bad.  A long day for the little man but he was such a trooper!
I took a couple pictures of him yesterday...but after looking at him I will not post them...he looks rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment