Monday, May 23, 2011

5 Months!

5 Months is here....
Where are we at and what are we doing?  My hope was to report to everyone by the 5 month blog that we had transplant booked.  Unfortunately we will not be telling you that.  We have recently found out that our donor was not cleared for transplant.  So what does that mean...We start all over again.  Yes we are disappointed, and hoped we would be getting ready for transplant...but I guess that's not how Mark's story was meant to go!
First off I should mention that I was told on numerous occasions, that our donors can make it far and then be told they can't donate.  The CHB team did tell me that...but I guess I thought it wouldn't happen to us.
I am feeling worn out and in a position to make another choice again.
 I also haven't been very honest with all of my readers.  There was a point when we were keeping things to ourselves...but I think if I am honest then everyone may understand my reasoning when all this is done.  From what our readers..family..ect.. know is that we have had one donor start the process...our most recent donor was our second.  I just didn't feel the need to share with everyone after the first time around...so here we are the second time.  This just goes to show how hard this process is.
We are so grateful for our donors and wished things went different...but it is what it is!  We are fully prepared for this journey to have bumps!  When it comes to Mark...things aren't always by the books.  I will be happy to update when decide where we will go from here...it just may take a little time.

On the upside...We had a recent visit from The Make-A-Wish foundation.  This was very exciting.  The wish team arrived in hand with presents for Mark...and paper work for Chris and I.  When Mark was asked what his wish would be, he made a great request!  He asked to go to Disney and be in the parade at the Magic Kingdom.  We requested his wish is fulfilled after transplant.  The wish team also asked him for a back up wish.  This is just in case they can't make his first wish happen...Guess what Mark asked for??  A trip to Hawaii!  We will find out in about a month if our wish is granted...This is just so exciting!  He deserves this wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment