Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Butterflies

Mark did really well with dialysis this morning.  He is up to 2.5 hours!  All of his levels are looking pretty well.  The dialysis nurse said that she needs him to be at a 70% with his levels.  Yesterdays labs reported Mark to be at about a 53%.  I'm not sure how she gets the percentage out of all his numbers.  I think I may need one of my nurse friends to help me on that!  After dialysis Mark was starting to become a bit unsettled.  It was the icing on the cake when the ENT  team walked in to do the scope.
They wanted to get another look at Mark because it has taken him so long to heal.  When they were done with the procedure they had said that the swelling was still there.  Although it had looked as if it had gone down a little bit, they still seemed concerned.  At this point the team went ahead and scheduled the operating room for tomorrow afternoon.  If Mark's breathing gets better over night then they will hold off, but if not they are going in to get a further look down. We were able to go over the procedure with the Anesthesiologist (wow that's a big word to type) this afternoon, and sign all necessary paper work for tomorrow. 


My Mom was here and able to sit with Mark.  Chris and I went to the Family Center so I could shower.  It's a little bit of a pain to go there so it was nice to have Chris for the walk.  I feel like our time is so consumed when we're here together.  We don't get much "us" time!  It has only been a week...but a very long one.  Today I had crazy butterflies in my stomach when he walked in the room.  I didn't want to stop hugging him....he is my security.  He had mentioned to me tonight when we were on the phone that it felt like we were dating again.  He is so right.....We spend days together and then late nights on the phone....if only we were 18 again!
Yes I said he was right!

1 comment:

  1. Emily, you are an amazing Mother. I am enjoying reading your blog about your journey with Mark during this "blip" in his life. You write very well. Mark is an amazing boy! Whenever I think of him I feel joy and innocence. He has such unconditional love for this world. I know it is not just the 4-p that makes him so but you. You are the soul of his heart. I think about you and Chris and Mark every day.Every day he gets stronger! Again Emily you are an incredible woman and Mother. I admire your strength. Keep writing this journal and someday soon it will be a chapter only, in Mark's journey

    ReplyDelete