Friday, December 31, 2010

Holding him tight

Last night was a somber night in ICU.  I had never seen or heard it so quiet since we had been down here.  The floor was loaded with patients still.  There was one child that was about three doors down not doing well.  All of the ICU staff was in and around the room for hours.  The childs' parents were in so much pain, pacing, crying and holding each other.  I just felt so sad for them.  Just watching what they were going made me cry.  It was almost like all the other kids on the floor knew and they just slept.  At one point I just reflected back on how lucky we are and climbed into bed with Mark.  Laying there holding him tight, feeling so lucky to be where we are.  Unfortunately that other child lost his fight last night.  Today I would take a moment to hold your children.  No matter how big or small....Just hold them tight.
This is how he was sleeping...With the new head lamp from Evy & Bobby!
This morning ENT  came in early to have a look.  They will be ordering one more x-ray.  After that they are turning his care to the ICU Doctors, unless there are any other issues.  If all goes well we will see them in a couple months.
As far as I know we will not be doing dialysis today!!  It is going to be a day to recover, play and hang out.  We just need the Renal doctors to get in here to talk about his diet.  With the holiday I think everyone is on a slower schedule today.  Never mind do I not know what day it is....I only knew it was a holiday because, I went to the lobby to get coffee and it's ghost town down there.  So we will sit and wait for the rest of the doctors to round, and our visitors to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment