Friday, July 8, 2011

Watching The Clock

Sitting waiting for hours can make a person crazy!  I can't concentrate on anything.  I read a page from my book, look at a magazine, go on the computer...look at the clock and only 10 minutes has passed!  I'm really hoping for some results quickly with today's testing.  Mark's PTH level came back yesterday and it had only dropped a little bit.  He is at about 1900...we need to be at 500 or less!
  This just seems a bit stressful today. We arrived 30 minutes early for our appointment..they took us in to the room 30 minutes late, and he didn't go under anesthesia for at least another 45 minutes after that!  Now it's just waiting...knowing he has been under for hours.  Just for this scan....it seems crazy.  I think I just feel uneasy with Mark being under for a scan.  I know it's not possible for Mark to stay still for as long as they need him too.  I know I'm just rambling but I'm annoyed with this whole thing!  I just want some answers with this parathyroid issue.  I want to move forward with transplant.  The way I'm looking at things now is, each day that passes is one day closer to winter.  They may not transplant in the winter.  There is to much cold/flu infection around...It would not be best for Mark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment