Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kidney Trouble

Not sure what's going with Mark today...He had a horrible night last night, with little to no sleep.  Of course he wanted to sleep all morning before we went to Boston..I did too!  When we headed out to Boston I tried to get Mark to eat and he wouldn't.  The Doctor's seem to think he may be on the verge of coming down with something.  She had said that there is a flu going around in children right now....Chris had called me this morning and said the same thing :0( 
I hope that's not what's coming our way.  
Mark's treatment started off well today.  He was so tired he pretty much just wanted to lay there.  He had little interest in anything today.  At one point the alarms were going off on his machine frequently.  We would adjust his positing to help the catheter work better...but it wasn't helping.  I was getting nervous thinking there may be a new issue with the new catheter already.  Turns out there was a problem with the "kidney"....this is the filter that is Mark's kidney.  It had clotted out.  This happened with approximately 50 minutes left.  It made a bit of a mess...they had to stop treatment, replace the filter and all of the tubing and start over.  We had to start treatment again for the remaining 50 minutes.  Mark was not happy about this.  He was hopeful he was being unhooked.  After we started up again he seemed to really start to feel poor again.  This made the last few minutes go by very slow.  He wanted me by his side all afternoon just holding his hand...there was no time to blog.   This was fine with me, he always wants to be so independent.  It's nice to be wanted!


"Kidney"






As you can see Mark was a bit under the weather today....I hope he feels more himself tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily!

    My name is Amanda Bashford and I work at Children's Hospital. I have know the Provost's since I was a little girl. Big Camile and little Camile used to cut my hair when I was a little girl and once or twice I even baby sat the Kane boys.....too funny! I was talking to Trudy Provost and she asked that I reach out to you. So that is what I am doing. I want to know if there is anything that I can do to help you? Help you here at the hospital? or outside of the hospital? My phone number is 978-873-0023. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK for ANYTHING!!! It would be the least I could do. I will be attending Marks fundraiser so hopefully I can meet you then! Best~

    ReplyDelete