Friday, March 4, 2011

Things Change Quick

Yesterday I was busy cleaning and catching up with things around the house.  I was also listening to the mix 104.1 cares for kids radiothon.
Here is the link if you want to check it out:
http://mix1041.radio.com/radiothon/
I think I have listened to this for the last 8 years they have been doing it.  I have also donated in years pass.  The radiothon benefits Boston Children's Hospital.  You will laugh and cry when you listen to this.
A couple weeks ago Mark was asked while he was at dialysis what he dreams of.  They were going to be creating a dream wall for radiothon.  Mark said that he dreams of grill cheese.  So his grill cheese dream was made for the dream wall.  Yesterday when I was listening to the radio they started to talk about the dream wall.  They mentioned Mark's grill cheese dream on the radio!!

Photo's courtesy of Children's Hospital Boston Facebook



Yesterday afternoon the doctors called to do Mark's monthly rounds. Surprise to me...things aren't going as well as I thought they were. Most of his levels seemed to be okay....there were a couple medication add-ons. The major issues is the doctor's were not happy with his overall dialysis treatments over the last month. They want to be able to have more affective treatments.  We decided I would come in early today and have an xray done on Mark's catheter again!  Once the xray came back the doctors read it immediately.  They have decided we will come in Monday morning for dialysis, after that Mark will go to the OR for a catheter replacement.  This should be somewhat easy procedure but we will spend the night.
Just when you think things are going good...it all changes!  


No comments:

Post a Comment