Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Look

I needed to change something...so my blog was the victim.  I can't justify shopping for new clothes, spending   money on things I don't really need.  Instead I spent some serious time over the last couple days vamping up "Mark's Our Boy".  I hope you like it!  It is more fitting to me and my style...The birth of my blog was late one night well I was in total devastation.  Now I have a new attitude and a whole new look!  With all my changes I have made it possible for anyone to comment..you don't have to be a follower.  There is also no harm in being a follower (((Grin)))!  I also have the chance to take pictures all the time now!  My phone was on it's last leg, with my new phone the camera actually works!!!  It is to hard to carry my "big" camera with me all the time.  We look like were moving in as it is every time we go to Boston.  Mark always has his chair (I try not to refer to it as a stroller anymore because he is almost 12)...We usually have a bag or two with us...filled with crap!!  This is what we travel with...

All of these items are a must...Computer, ipad, movies, extra clothing, medication, medication list, wallet, snacks, hand sanitizer, chargers and more!  Usually a DVD player and lunch box as well!

When we got to Boston today Mark was ready to go....I think his dialysis buddies missed him on Monday.  They said it was really quiet in here on Monday...I am sure they all actually enjoyed the silence.  
Mark has been very busy since he arrived today...He had a visit from the clowns, and could not wait to play with the new medical kit Johanna got for the unit.  He is currently preforming dialysis on the doll.  She is equipped with her own dialysis catheter. 


 He seems to be having a great treatment so far...his machine has not beeped once!!!  I feel like it would have normally gone off a 100 times by now!  They are able to increase his flow rate today, but he will receive treatment for the same amount of time...3 hours.  They are challenging him a little bit today trying to get some weight off of him.  If he is able to have so successful treatments and his numbers are good then his treatment time may decrease.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that everything seems to be going better, Emily! Kyle (one of his Miracle League teammates) has been worried, and hoping all would be going well. He is even hoping Mark will be up to playing this season. :-)
    I hope all continues to go well, and just know that you are all in both of our prayers. If you need anything, let us know. :-)
    Warmly,
    Jessica Cloutier

    ReplyDelete