Thursday, February 24, 2011

Celebrity Status

Today we had a different plan!  After I picked Mark up from school we had a special guest coming over.  Nathan....He is a reporter from the Littleton Independent.  This is my hometown news paper!!  My friend Evy had emailed Nathan a couple weeks ago in regards to Mark.  Her hope was to get some publicity for the event that is going to be hosted in honor of Mark.  
Mark, Evy, Samantha and I eagerly awaited his arrival.  When Nathan arrived we got right to work.  Evy and Samantha were busy informing him of the upcoming celebration for Mark.  I was busy trying to tell him everything I could.  It felt so great to get information out there.  I would love for people to walk away from this article with some awareness.  Mark was a bit on the quiet side at first.  He seemed to have mocked what Nathan was doing.  He was typing on his lap top and trying to keep busy.  When we asked him to talk to Nathan about dialysis he didn't want to.  At the end of the interview Nathan took a photo of us.  Mark was happy to share his story after the photo.  Up went his shirt...out came the catheter....and then in Mark's words his explanation of dialysis.  He explained the different color tubes and what they do.  
It was a nice time this afternoon...We talked, we laughed and I cried!  
Our article with be featured in next weeks papers.  The Littleton Independent and The Westford Eagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment