Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's A Wonderful Life

This morning I woke up feeling pretty happy....When I saw this photo it was perfect for today's blog!
Photo by Mikey Gower...Check out his amazing work @www.mikeygowerphotography.com 

Things are pretty amazing in our house.  People have gone out of their way to spread the word about Mark, and his journey to transplant.  In just a very short amount of time his message has reached so many people.  I am feeling very hopeful that we will find Mark a donor.  I will be the first to admit it is so hard to ask for help.  I was very hesitant to send an email or post our need on the blog.  With a bit of encouragement from one of the nurses at Children's I did.  She had said "what is there to loose?...send an email".
  I feel like we are walking down this path blind folded.  The hospital will give you all the medical facts you need. When it comes to the normal day to day stuff....you are own your own.   It's hard to explain.....I just feel as if it is a constant struggle to do the best for Mark.  Sooner or later things will be "normal" again.  
I hope to start moving forward with Mark's doctors appointments next week.  These will be to clear him for transplant.  Once he has completed his appointments he will be cleared for about a year.  If all goes well he maybe ready for transplant early as spring to summer time.  There will be many factors to determine the transplant date.  There may be other procedures that have to take place.  The donor will have to go through appointments and be cleared.  I feel pretty hopeful it will go well and happen within a reasonable amount of time.  So much goes into to all of this.  It is completely exhausting to think of all that has to be done.  I'm okay with being exhausted for now...I fear post transplant more then anything.  
I wouldn't change any of this...It's A Wonderful Life.  Some may think I'm crazy...but it's all we  know.  Mark is an amazing little boy.  What I like to say about Mark is "If you know him you love him...If you don't know him.. I promise you want to know him."  This is all just another mountain in our life...It just happens to be a big one!


2 comments:

  1. {{Emily}}

    Your strength and perspective should be a reminder to Us all, in not taking any situation for granted.

    I've only read your most current post(so far). I had to stop, take a moment, reflect and regroup after being overwhelmed with a multitude of feelings, from incredible heartache to complete gratitude. I admire your candidness and honesty. It speaks volumes as to "who" you are ~ and you shine!

    I think of You, Mark and your family often. I pray for all of you, wonder how your doing, imagine it all coming together, Hope for the best possible outcome and wish there was something I could do.

    Some things I can completely empathize with you on Emily, others I can't, I can only imagine...

    Please know that you're all in our thoughts, prayers, hopes and dreams ~ (and dont hesitate to reach out ; )

    With all of out Love ~

    Rachel and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete