Friday, February 4, 2011

I Like Today :)

I wish more days were like today.  Mark seems to be doing better with his cold.  He has been in good spirits for most of the day.  I woke up feeling better as well.  That is a big plus!!  Chris let me sleep in this morning, and made Mark breakfast before he headed to work.  I rolled out of bed and had medication duty.  Once we were ready we headed out the door.  We left a little early today, so that meant we could stop for a little treat!  Dunkin Donuts.  I don't remember the last time I went there.   Honestly I'm not sure who was more excited...Mark or myself!  We are pretty simple D & D folk...I had a small ice coffee, Mark had a wake-up wrap.  When I was working I have to admit I had a once to sometimes twice a day habit.  Just coffee no treats..but it was a bad habit.
We arrived in Boston and got to work.  One of these days I will bring my camera.  Mark loves to help the nurses.  He will unwrap packages, hook up leads, do his weight.  He likes his jobs...and loves to keep an eye on everyone in the room.  He is busy asking questions, making comments and occasionally bossing orders out.  He always has his spirits up, but sadly hits his wall about 20 minutes into his treatment.  This happens every treatment like clock work.  They had hoped it would eventually stop but it hasn't.  He will usually try to sleep it off.  He sometimes will sleep for the rest of his treatment, or will wake up with about an hour or so left.   He usually tries to rally on Friday afternoons because he has art with Mia.  
Yesterday afternoon we had monthly rounds meeting with the team.  They said all of his levels look great.  This was a surprise to everyone after meeting recently for rounds.  We went with the decision to not touch his catheter at this point.  The have been able to achieve the levels they need to by increasing his time, and keeping treatment running at the lower flow rate.  The catheter has moved down, but as long as there is not clotting in the treatments to come they will not adjust it!  This was great news to hear.  I was fearing another surgery would be a another set back.  Overall today has been a good day...best in the last two weeks I would have to say!  I really thrive on the moments of normalcy....They just sweep me away!  

No comments:

Post a Comment