Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!  I have to say we are not big on the Hallmark holidays in our house.  Mark is into them of course.
 Last night we left a treat out for him.....he was pretty happy to wake up to a holiday!  He ran down stairs to find a homemade card from Chris and I, and a small gift!  On Saturday night I got together with some girlfriends to make Valentine cards!  It was a lot of fun...and I think Mark and Chris really liked their cards this morning.  Tonight we have an Italian family dinner planned....with heart shaped pasta!  We are so festive!  Nana even dropped of some really cute Valentine place mats this morning.  I think if we didn't have Mark this holiday wouldn't exist in our house :)
We arrived in Boston on the early side today!  Of course Love was in the air...Mark's bed was covered with Valentine's from his dialysis nurses.  Mark was one happy camper.  He seems to be doing really well today.  He did gain a bit of weight over the weekend.  This means that will have to take some off during treatment.  This can cause him to feel a little sick during treatment.  The nurse has a close eye on him, with the hopes he won't get sick!  I think it is official today...we may get a doctor's note to go back to school!!  This will be good for Mark...and good for me.  I have so much to catch up on around the house.
My Valentine!

My Other Valentine!  
With 2 hours to go....We are having a nice quiet day!  We will need to hurry home for our Valentine dinner and early to bed.  Mark will have to get up early for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment