Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's True...Less Is Better

Today we are learning a little lesson...Less is better!  Mark arrived at dialysis with a big weight gain.  This is not good in two days.  Our 3 hour treatment has gone to 4 hours and 30 minutes today :(  With the hopes that Mark can handle a treatment that long.  Also with the hopes that they can remove all the weight they need too.  If not we will be back tomorrow for another treatment.  Why would this happened??  The nurses think that his urine output has gone down.  I seemed to think he is making urine about the same.  So what do we do??  We will talk to the doctors to see if I should start tracking any output.  He did appear a little puffy today...as if he was retaining fluid.  I did not notice it until the nurse had pointed it out.  His eyes and face were a bit puffy.  I spend to much time with Mark to notice settle changes like that.  The nurses agreed that it happens and I won't always pick up on things like that.  Now I am hoping to see a doctor to talk about today newest issue!  Unfortunately I will most likely not see any doctors today, it will have to wait until tomorrow or Friday.  We still have to wait to see what his post weight is today, and he pre-weight for next treatment.  Then  we can determine how much of an issue this is.  He seems to be handling a longer treatment with no problems.  With a little over 2 hours to go...I hope it all goes well.  They have had to reverse his lines twice already and flush them.  This is because the lines have been clotting.  The good thing is they have not had to stop treatment due to this.  That can make for a long hold up!!  Mark has been  busy with art projects and talking today.  My ears are burning...he has not stopped talking.  My dad would be the first to say this is my pay back.  He claims I was quite the talker as a kid.  I don't think it is humanly possible for a person to talk as much as he has today.  This will be his second entry to the Guinness Book of World Records....Do you remember my post "Good Morning" from December?  That was when I first wanted to enter him.  That post also had to do with talking...what a shock!  Please give me the strength to get through this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment