Friday, February 11, 2011

My Love For CCS

Today we had to head into the city a little earlier.  We had an appointment before dialysis.  We had to go see our friends at CCS.  I like to think of them as our primary care doctors of Boston.  Coordinated Care Services.  They have a magic ability to schedule appointments for us in any clinic at anytime.  When Mark was little we were on a waiting list to get into their clinic.  At this point Renal has the ability to do everything for us....but I won't give up on CCS ever!!  There will come a time again when Renal will not be doing everything.   We will need CCS again...so we agreed today they will still see us through all this craziness!  I think Mark's charm may help too..they will never get rid of him!


I'm suffering today...I'm feeling super tired.  I went to bed early last night, but still I need more sleep.  I'm dreading the ride home tonight. (Those 3 sentences were my pity party for the day)  Mark has to have his dressing changed today after his treatment so that adds a little time on!  This means we will be leaving in high traffic time.  Last Friday it was almost 3 hours to get home:(  I have hope for tonight...This weeks traffic hasn't been too bad.
  I just wish I could sit here with a coffee and my computer.  The rule is no eating or drinking in the dialysis unit.  Mark is very busy working on art projects with one of the volunteers.  This volunteer has the kids work on a piece of art.  After the piece is done he asked Mark about it.  Mark gave him a description of his work.  The hope of this program is to publish a book with kids artwork.  This would be a page with the art work and his description in his own words.  
Mark is having another great day!!  I think the good days are finally here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment