Monday, January 3, 2011

Celebration

Today looks like we may have a celebration in order.  We woke up around 7 this morning.  We had a quick visit from neurology, and then we ordered breakfast.  Pancakes of course!  To our surprise the nurse walked in right after we called for breakfast.  She was coming to take us dialysis.  Mark was not happy!  So off we went.  Dialysis is again a 2.5 hour treatment.  It was a rough time again.  Mark seems to be having a hard time with the first half of his treatment.  He was able to settle a little towards the end of treatment.  We had a special treat during dialysis today....Music therapy!!  Mark is loving this...and word in the clinic is the music therapist comes once a week.
I had a chance to meet with the renal team while we were at dialysis.  They had lots of information to give me.  Tons of handouts to read, lots of papers to fill out and sign.  We also talked about prescriptions and restrictions.  So much to take in.
The good news....as long as he does well after treatment today...we can go home! 
So now we just wait...start packing and hope to go later on today!
So much to celebrate...a home coming...finally our Christmas, and so much love for Mark.
We have had so much interest and concern in Mark's journey from so many great people.  Our blog had received over 3,000 hits in the last week.  Now that's Love!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I am so happy for all of you. I hope that Mark is able to go home and you can all finally sleep in your own beds! I want to thank you for sharing this incredible journey with all of us. It is a nice way to stay connected while not becoming a pain in your butt. Much love to all of you! Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    My name is Lysa I work with Chris at Miliipore I have been looking in to see how everything has been going as well as most of Millipore staff has too wishing for the best.. I am very pleased to hear Mark maybe going home today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em and Mark,

    I usually start off my day at work reading your blog over a cup of coffee and getting caught up on everything that is going on with Mark and the family. What great news this morning and I can't wait until you all get home for some much needed rest. You write so well and from the heart it's very touching. I especially love the Mark comedic "quotes" that he seems to deliver on a daily basis even through all this but then again I wouldn't expect anything less from him. Thank you so much for sharing, love you guys and see you soon.

    ~Sully

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! It is nice to be home. I will keep blogging so please keep reading!
    xxoo
    Emily

    ReplyDelete