Monday, January 10, 2011

Start of a new week

Sunday was a busy day for us...leaving me no chance to blog and feeling a little disappointed about it.  We started the day off with my parents coming over for a Christmas celebration!  When we were done with that, we just hung out and relaxed a bit.  Once we were well rested we were ready to head out for Sunday Funday!  It was our first Sunday back in a couple of weeks.  We were excited for an afternoon of Food, Football and most of all FRIENDS!  In honor of Mark's homecoming the Sunday meal was based on his likes.  We enjoyed Baked Mac & Cheese, Grilled Ham & Cheese, French Onion Soup and Bologna and Cheese for Mark!  Mark also had a warm welcome back with a couple of presents too!  It was so nice to be with our friends...who to me are our family.  We are lucky to have such a close knit group of friends.  We mostly see them more then our actual families.  They are ALL such a huge support system to me, and keep me going day to day!  I wouldn't give that up for anything.  After the Sunday celebration we headed home.  We put Mark to bed and stayed up to watch a little TV.  This morning Mark and I were up with Chris.  We enjoyed our breakfast together and had a chance to play for a bit.  Before we knew it, it was time to get ready to head in to Boston.  When we arrived at CHB they were ready for us.  Mark was hooked up to the machine and I was busy with the nurse for a bit.  We had a ton of paper work to fill out.  The Doctors did rounds today.  They said all is well with Mark and his treatments.  They only thing we talked about that has been a bit of a challenge is Mark's water intake.   He normally takes in about 3 liters of water a day.  He is now limited to 1 liter a day....so I am sure you can imagine how much of a challenge this has been!  They are allowing him to go over his limit a little bit, due to the fact he is still having urine output.  His output may or may not stop.  If it does not stop they only issue is when it comes to a transplant.  They would have to remove the "bad" kidneys with a separate surgery.  This is so they know when he has his transplant that the new kidney is doing all the work.  I feel as if I'm gathering information day by day on all of this.  We will be meeting soon for our family meeting to go over everything and all of our options.  Mark only has 9 minutes left of his treatment today and there has been no issues...he has just been very sleepy!  So knock on wood and let's hope it stays like that. 
 As for me...I'm having a hard time adjusting to all that we have to do these days.  As I would say..I have been "weak" the last couple of days and feeling sad...But I was quickly told that I'm just vulnerable at the moment...that makes perfect sense to me....That's why I love my friends!
Lots of great pictures from the weekend:
Happy 30th Kyle!

Friends

Mark showing Mammy a new book.



Mark shopped at school before Christmas and bought us all presents..Papa got his very own Sham-Wow.

We got matching socks...and Mark gave Chris gloves!

More presents...

Yummy Mac & Cheese

Playtime

Mark's cool helicopter he flew into the soup...so we have to go get  a new one :(

Abby brought hundreds of sticker...boy we had fun.



I didn't get a chance to publish this post at CHB...The rest of Mark treatment went well...just a few kinks in the tubing!

No comments:

Post a Comment