Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Busy...Busy

I survived my first day home!  We were busy but it all went well.  This morning Mark's teacher and program director came over to discuss home school.  At this point it is too soon for Mark to go back to school.  He is still not walking independently, but does have strength to stand and walk with major assistance.  We are thinking it will be a couple weeks and he will be able to get back to school.  
After they left we were busy playing.  My mom stopped by for a visit with Mark and Alex.  She hung out for most the afternoon!  This was nice for me...she was able to help me take the Christmas tree down, play with the kids and re organize some toys!  Evy had called this afternoon and wanted to bring dinner...I had already started dinner but could not say no to a free meal!  So my chicken went in the fridge for tomorrow night and Evy & Bobby's dinner was kindly welcomed.  This worked out nicely, we have to go to CHB tomorrow for dialysis.  I am not sure when we will be home so now I won't stress about dinner.  
After Dinner tonight we all just hung out...I had wine(it's about time) and we watched TV.  Chris' mom stopped by for a quick visit as well.  When I was getting Mark ready for bed tonight I told him we had to go to the Doctors tomorrow.  He said "Oh are they going to take this out?"  He was pointing to his dialysis catheter.  I had to tell him" no and that it would be there for a while."  He just look so sad and disappointed.  His little face can break your heart in a flash.
So overall I survived today and got a ton accomplished.  Medications were the hardest part of my day.  I had to go to CVS and pick up the rest of the medications.  I also purchased a calender so I can write everything down.  All medications have to be given at different times, some not to close to each other, others not around dialysis...I just hope I don't mess this up!  I think this may make me crazy and I will never be able to get this down.
My bags of scripts from CVS..you should have seen the looks I got!

I forgot to post this...My parking receipt from CHB..My Fee $391.00 after our dialysis discount we paid $24.00!

Alex!

Mark and Mammy...playtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment