Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Felt Like Pre-School Again

School Today..Mark got to go for a few hours alone!  I trust Mark's classroom staff...most of them have known Mark since he was 3 years old...They are like family.  As I drove away to hit the grocery store I had a pit in my stomach.  I was so worried about leaving him.  It felt like his first day of pre-school.  I wanted to sit in the parking lot and cry for 3 hours.  I only had to pick up a few items so my trip to the store was quick.  I thought to myself...I will grab a coffee and go park in the back of the school parking lot with a magazine.  Then I decided to stop by my friend Melissa's house...she lives 2 seconds away from the school.  It was so nice to go see her and catch up.  We use to be neighbors and became great friends.  I felt like I was at home with her...it help take my mind off of worrying about Mark.  The two hours flew by.  Glad to report Mark was busy at school...I think he will be ready for a couple full days next week.  Wait to you see the pictures of him playing dialysis at school...It also continued at home.


Stepping back to yesterday...After the doctor's did their rounds, they decided to keep his catheter flowing at the lower rate.  The nurses added another 30 minutes to his treatment.  When his head nurse came back after 4pm rounds she said they were going to do post labs after his treatment.  This is so they can compare pre and post labs.  When the team gets these numbers they will decide if he can do dialysis at the lower rate for a longer period of time.  This maybe an alternative to having to go in and have his catheter adjusted or moved.  If they are not happy with the pre and post BUN & Cr levels over the next couple days we will move forward and talk with the surgeon.  The extra 30 minutes on his treatment yesterday seemed like a life time!  I was so tired.  That pushed our leaving time out to high traffic time....we got home at 7:30 last night!  Chris worked late so by the time he was home Mark was in bed.  We watched a show and went to bed as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment