Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lesson Learned

I was up early today.  I wanted to get things done so we could head into Boston on the earlier side.  I was thinking that if we got here a little early it would help, since the plan was for a longer treatment time.  The nurses can't always take us early but it never hurts to try.  We did end up at CHB about 30 minutes before Mark's treatment.  Mark was hooked up and apparently not ready to go.  His alarms were going off every 10 seconds or so...at a blood flow rate of only 60.  This was not good....So they decided to unhook Mark and put some medication in his cath for an hour.  TPA was used in the catheter to dissolve clots.  They always put Heparin in his line after treatment to prevent clots.  TPA is used in a case like today where they couldn't get Mark's line to start at all.  The team decided to send us to xray while the TPA was sitting in Mark's line.  When we got to xray they did 2 chest xray's to see the placement of Mark's catheter.  We came back to dialysis and were hooked up again for the three hour treatment...we made it 1 hour and 10 minutes with no alarms...then they started again!  The Doctors are going to round at 4.  I'm hoping for a sure plan on this catheter soon.  So today is my lesson learned...I never went home and packed that overnight bag the other night.  If we make it out of here tonight...I swear that's what I will be doing when I get home!
In need of a hair cut soon...After we washed it today we had to brush it..that never happens!

Remember all that weight he lost...I think he found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment