Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Different Plan

Yesterday was a fun day for us!  Aunt Evy came over bright and early to hang out and also work.  She did some respite hours for Mark so I could get some stuff done.  I was able to do some much needed cleaning and a trip to the grocery store.  I had to get the ingredients for dinner.  Again I found the best recipe in Cooking Light.  I'm now 3 for 3 with this magazine!!  The recipe I made for dinner last night was Mediterranean Chicken.  It was stuffed with hummus, tomato, olives and feta...It was yummy.  
Mark had school for about an hour yesterday afternoon with his OT Amy.  He was so excited to learn about penguins.  They busy working doing lots of projects.  Ita had sent me an email earlier in the day with a song about penguins...Mark must of listed 100 times before Amy got here.  
We continued to stay busy after Amy left.  Mark and Aunt Evy worked on some drawings.  I had to make so phone calls and start dinner.  Just before dinner it was a little crazy in our house.  My Mom dropped her truck off, in case I have to go to Boston today.  Mark and Evy went to get Bobby at the train.  When they returned Chris and Bobby had to go pick Chris' car up from the shop and get his parents dog.  They are out of town so we decided we would take the dog for a couple days.   While Chris was gone I was finishing up dinner.  Mark seemed to be a little off...He was clammy feeling and his color had changed.  He presented to me as if his blood pressure was dropping.  He was still following my hands with his eyes and squeezing my fingers.  I was waiting for him to maybe just faint.  Evy and I got him into the living room to asses him a little better.  Just then the guys and the dog were getting home.   At that point we had lost all eye contact and decided it was a seizure.  It was not his "normal" seizure so it was hard to identify.  He shortly started to tremor and drool a little bit.  Chris called 911 and before you know it we were on our way to Emerson.  On the way into Emerson he seemed to stop seizing. That was after about 30minutes documented time.  He was still not presenting to me as he normally does after, so I will still a little concerned.  When I had the chance to talk with the ER Doctor, I was quiet clear on what I wanted to happen.  I wanted his med levels checked and if they were low, we would contact Boston to see how much medication by IV they wanted to give him...and then go home!  That is just how it worked out.  Evy and Bobby were so good to us.  They showed up with a bag packed..my computer and dinner in case we were sent to Boston.  They are the best!  Dinner was great even at 11pm.  
I learned two things from last night....
1.  Mark had a different plan for last night then we did.  
2.  I need to come to terms and pack an over night bag.  Leave a list of things that have to be added to the bag last minute....poor Evy and Bobby had to comb through my house and they showed up with everything I needed!  Love them!
Penguin cookies made with Amy.


Artist at work


A little karaoke time


Mark home after the trip to the ER
The joke last night was that I was having writers block and Mark was just giving me new blog material.

No comments:

Post a Comment